What is Sculptor?
Sculptor is an open source productivity tool that applies the concepts from Domain-Driven Design (DDD) and Domain Specific Languages (DSL).
You express your design intent in a textual DSL, from which Sculptor generates high quality Java code and configuration. It is not a one time shot. The application can be developed incrementally with an efficient round trip loop.
Sculptor is useful when developing typical enterprise or web applications that benefit from a rich and persistent domain model.
The generated code is based on well-known frameworks, such as JPA, Hibernate, Spring Framework and Java EE.
- Easy to learn, intuitive syntax of the textual DSL, editor with error highlight, code completion, and outline
- Quick development round trip, it is not a one time generation
- Existing IDE tools (Eclipse), such as refactoring, code assist and debugger will continue to be of service to you
- High quality of generated code, based on well known frameworks, best practices, and a lot of experience
- Great extensibility and customization options
- Easy to remove the tool, no runtime magic
Check the Hello World Tutorial to learn more and try it yourself.